I feel like the luckiest person in the world right now to be nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by two bloggers who I’ve come to admire for their creativity and talent. Do give some love for Astha of Writing feels good and Jojo of Jojo Al-waealy. Thanks to the both of you for your nominations.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 Things About Me:
- I am a Psychology graduate. Taking up this degree is one thing that I’ve never regretted doing because I’ve learned so much about myself and it gave me a better understanding of why people behave the way they do.
- I grew up with 7 dogs in our house. Six of them are already gone, but my family still cherishes the memory of them.
- I have a phobia of blood and open wounds. I could never sit through a movie that involves a lot of bloodshed in it. I even nearly passed out when the medical technician took blood from me for my medical exam.
My Best Post:
Realization – it’s not a free verse poem like almost every other poem I’ve posted on my blog, but I’ve always been rather proud of this one.
Now, for the Questions…
I’ve got two sets of questions to answer, so this is going to be a rather long read.
- What are you completely over and done with?
- I’m done with pretending to be someone I’m not. There was a time when I wanted to be like the most popular girl in my class just so I could be accepted by everyone, until one day I decided that I would rather be who I really am, and having found people in my life who love me for me is the best thing in the world to me.
- What’s the most important thing COVID-19 taught you?
- COVID-19 had become a window that revealed many people’s true selves. On the one hand, it showed us the true beauty lying within the hearts of some people, and on the other, it gave us a glimpse at what lay behind the masks others wear (this is becoming a little bit political so I would rather not go any further. I think it’s best to keep my political views off this blog).
- What random stranger has had the biggest impact on your life?
- That random stranger who I’ve come to respect and admire for their resilience in spite of the hardships they’ve encountered in life, who never judged me even after I’ve opened up about my darkness.
- If you could put your brain in a robot and live indefinitely, would you?
- No, I wouldn’t want to live forever while everyone I’ve come to love slowly wither away.
- What do you wish you had more time for?
- I wish I had more time to unwind before I had to face another stressful day at work lol.
- What are you afraid of? It can be anything.
- I’m afraid of disappointing everyone. I have always been an achiever, and even the thought of letting people down gives me so much anxiety.
- What do you do to be good for your environment?
- At home we practice things like waste segregation and energy conservation. We also try to live a quiet life so as not to be a nuisance to our neighbors.
- As what animal would you want to return if you would die?
- I would like to be an eagle, strong and powerful, plus I would like to be able to fly.
- What has been your favorite childhood memory?
- Travelling to my relative’s farm in Bulacan (a province in the Philippines). I remember going there one time with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandparents, just exploring around the house and looking at the animals and watching the grown-ups pick mangoes from the tree. Living in the city, I didn’t get to experience a quiet a time such as this, and looking back at it makes me wish I could return to that place.
- Did you ever do Karaoke in front of a audience? If so, how was it > If not, Would you like to do it?
- I’ve done so a couple of times. No Filipino social gathering is complete without Karaoke lol. I’ve always been nervous about doing it, and I’ve always managed to mess up pretty badly. The last time I did it was the New Year’s party at my friend’s house. I sang Terrified by Katharine McPhee and it was the first time I actually nailed a song (I was still super shaky while singing and I felt like I was about to cry but I managed to live through it hahaha).
My Nominees Are:
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What do you love most about life?
- Do you prefer books or movies?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could go back in time, what day would you want to relive?
Thanks to everyone here who continues to support my blog. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend ^_^
I would like to thank Sidharth for my first award nomination. He’s a really great friend and an amazing blogger/poet. Do check out his blog Writing Rhymes.
Now, the Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display a Liebster Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1. If you could describe yourself in one sentence, what would it be?
- I’m a girl with way too many things going through her mind (I think this is the best way I can describe myself).
2. In the end we all are reduced to a memory in other peoples’ minds & hearts, how do you want to be remembered? What’s the legacy you want people to associate you with?
- As a kid, I’ve always imagined myself being a writer, and I’m quite happy that I was able to translate my thoughts into words. I think words are capable of outliving us, and I hope that one day people would get to see me as I truly was through my writing.
3. An embarrassing memory that occasionally still makes you smile?
- Five years ago, my friends and I were making a poster for out friend Jeshuelle’s 18th birthday. We were trying to get her away from the classroom while we were working on this poster. I opened the door to check to see if she was still out getting food and I found her standing there about to come in and I shut the door in her face in a panic. She pretty much guessed we were up to something, and we did come clean later on. She got even with me the following year because she forgot to hide the note she was writing for me for my 18th birthday lmao.
4. Whats the happiest moment of your life that you cherish the most?
- Finding out I passed the Psychometrician Board Exam two years ago. My health slightly deteriorated from the stress I felt while studying and working part-time. The night the results came out and I found out I passed, I couldn’t help but cry in front of my parents.
5. What is your most favorite movie/ web-series?
- The Big Sick (call me cheesy all you want, this still makes the top of my list).
6. What is that something that provides peace to you?
7. How are you surviving from the boredom being imprisoned in your home because of the virus outbreak?
- Sleep, TV, the internet, plus we have new puppy, so that’s been keeping me occupied, especially when I’m not working.
8. How old is your blog & what is it’s origin story?
- Not really that old yet. I started my blog just last June. My Instagram came first. I’ve been meaning to do an art account for quite some time now for my poetry, but then I developed writer’s block so that had to be put on hold. I got back into writing a few months in to the lockdown as a way of coping with the depression I was feeling. I first created my Instagram account, then I found one user I followed had a WordPress blog for her other poems, so I decided to give that a shot as well, and rest is history.
9. How do you recover yourself from a bad day?
- After a bad day, I tend to give myself some quiet time alone. When some of the dust has settled, I then listen to music and let the flow of the melody ease the rest of my emotional pain.
10. A thought/quote you strongly live by & why?
- I wouldn’t consider myself a highly religious person, but I’ve always believed God has a plan for everyone. I’ve come to believe in this a lot more when I got older. I’ve had many opportunities closed out to me, and whenever I feel disappointed, I would think that it wasn’t meant for me after all, and when a new opportunity comes, I tend to feel more satisfied with the outcome of me taking that step.
11. Any areas of improvements/feedback that you may have for me as a blogger/friend/poet?
Mmmmm…maybe tone the savage down just a little…lol
Now, my Questions:
- What event in your life got you into writing?
- Any good books you would like to suggest? (I’m in need of new reading material lols)
- Is there anything about your life that you wish you could change?
- Out of all the things you have ever written, which one is your favorite? Please do share it. I would love to read it (if I haven’t yet).
- What song speaks to you the most?
- What’s the happiest memory you could remember?
- What motivates you to keep pushing through in spite of the hardships you encounter?
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
- Who are you most grateful for?
- What do you aspire to become?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My Nominees are:
- Lia (https://liathepoet.home.blog/)
- romanticindeed (https://romances.blog/)
- Jojo Al-waealy (https://jojoalwaealy.com/)
- BoardFlak (https://farragoexpress.wordpress.com/)
- Marieke Schreuder (https://rosegirl.blog/)
- This Engrained Heart (https://thisengrainedheart.com/)
- J.M. Lilin (https://theunsignedwriter.home.blog/)
- Shruti (https://musingsbyamedstudent.wordpress.com/)
This is the longest post I’ve done so far so if you’ve been reading until here, thank you. It really means a lot to me ^_^