I would like to thank Sidharth for my first award nomination. He’s a really great friend and an amazing blogger/poet. Do check out his blog Writing Rhymes.
Now, the Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display a Liebster Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1. If you could describe yourself in one sentence, what would it be?
- I’m a girl with way too many things going through her mind (I think this is the best way I can describe myself).
2. In the end we all are reduced to a memory in other peoples’ minds & hearts, how do you want to be remembered? What’s the legacy you want people to associate you with?
- As a kid, I’ve always imagined myself being a writer, and I’m quite happy that I was able to translate my thoughts into words. I think words are capable of outliving us, and I hope that one day people would get to see me as I truly was through my writing.
3. An embarrassing memory that occasionally still makes you smile?
- Five years ago, my friends and I were making a poster for out friend Jeshuelle’s 18th birthday. We were trying to get her away from the classroom while we were working on this poster. I opened the door to check to see if she was still out getting food and I found her standing there about to come in and I shut the door in her face in a panic. She pretty much guessed we were up to something, and we did come clean later on. She got even with me the following year because she forgot to hide the note she was writing for me for my 18th birthday lmao.
4. Whats the happiest moment of your life that you cherish the most?
- Finding out I passed the Psychometrician Board Exam two years ago. My health slightly deteriorated from the stress I felt while studying and working part-time. The night the results came out and I found out I passed, I couldn’t help but cry in front of my parents.
5. What is your most favorite movie/ web-series?
- The Big Sick (call me cheesy all you want, this still makes the top of my list).
6. What is that something that provides peace to you?
- Reading a good book.
7. How are you surviving from the boredom being imprisoned in your home because of the virus outbreak?
- Sleep, TV, the internet, plus we have new puppy, so that’s been keeping me occupied, especially when I’m not working.
8. How old is your blog & what is it’s origin story?
- Not really that old yet. I started my blog just last June. My Instagram came first. I’ve been meaning to do an art account for quite some time now for my poetry, but then I developed writer’s block so that had to be put on hold. I got back into writing a few months in to the lockdown as a way of coping with the depression I was feeling. I first created my Instagram account, then I found one user I followed had a WordPress blog for her other poems, so I decided to give that a shot as well, and rest is history.
9. How do you recover yourself from a bad day?
- After a bad day, I tend to give myself some quiet time alone. When some of the dust has settled, I then listen to music and let the flow of the melody ease the rest of my emotional pain.
10. A thought/quote you strongly live by & why?
- I wouldn’t consider myself a highly religious person, but I’ve always believed God has a plan for everyone. I’ve come to believe in this a lot more when I got older. I’ve had many opportunities closed out to me, and whenever I feel disappointed, I would think that it wasn’t meant for me after all, and when a new opportunity comes, I tend to feel more satisfied with the outcome of me taking that step.
11. Any areas of improvements/feedback that you may have for me as a blogger/friend/poet?
Mmmmm…maybe tone the savage down just a little…lol
Now, my Questions:
- What event in your life got you into writing?
- Any good books you would like to suggest? (I’m in need of new reading material lols)
- Is there anything about your life that you wish you could change?
- Out of all the things you have ever written, which one is your favorite? Please do share it. I would love to read it (if I haven’t yet).
- What song speaks to you the most?
- What’s the happiest memory you could remember?
- What motivates you to keep pushing through in spite of the hardships you encounter?
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
- Who are you most grateful for?
- What do you aspire to become?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My Nominees are:
- Lia (https://liathepoet.home.blog/)
- romanticindeed (https://romances.blog/)
- Jojo Al-waealy (https://jojoalwaealy.com/)
- BoardFlak (https://farragoexpress.wordpress.com/)
- Marieke Schreuder (https://rosegirl.blog/)
- This Engrained Heart (https://thisengrainedheart.com/)
- J.M. Lilin (https://theunsignedwriter.home.blog/)
- Shruti (https://musingsbyamedstudent.wordpress.com/)
This is the longest post I’ve done so far so if you’ve been reading until here, thank you. It really means a lot to me ^_^