If we could break
this sullen silence,
what would we say?
Our secrets lie
behind closed doors,
waiting for the light
to shine through.
I hold my tongue
as you twist your words
around your fingers,
falling from your lips.
I taste that sweetness
on your tongue,
and my heart aches for more,
reaches out for more,
to cleanse my soul
with your flame.
Please tell me
those pretty lies.
my fragile heart.
Give me the words
I want to hear.
Take my innocence
and set it on fire.
As soft as the morning light
that slowly spreads in bright colors,
casting silhouettes along the pavement,
my steps are gentle, a lover’s touch,
easing away the pain the night has brought.
The smell of coffee hangs in the air,
a magnetic scent, all-too-familiar,
jolting me, a welcome sensation,
coursing down my throat
and into my veins.
Another cycle begins,
of waking, and dreaming, and falling asleep,
until the evening comes
to cast a different set of shadows
to be extinguished once again
in the morning light.
Photo from Pexels
Maybe some stars shined too bright
that we were blinded by their glare.
Maybe some mountains were too high to climb
that we could only stand and stare.
Maybe the way home was too far away
that we had decided to stay.
Maybe the words would hurt too much
that we had kept them all at bay.
But maybe we weren’t meant to shine
as bright as the stars that burn,
and maybe the road was too dark to walk
that we only stood to yearn.
Maybe I was too young to understand
all of life’s cruel intentions.
Maybe I was meant to take a step
towards another direction.
Maybe some things were never built to last,
and others were meant to stay in the past.
Maybe, in the end,
life only moves so fast
that we must learn to live without the shadows we cast.
Note: This is based on a poem that I’ve written in 2016, which I also posted last June (click here to view the original poem).
Counting down the days gone by,
Ticking off dates on a calendar page.
I lay back and breathe a sigh,
Wondering when I will leave this cage.
Amidst this madness, as my every innocent dream dies,
My faith walks on broken glass… For a thousand miles.
I contain countless burning tears in my eyes
As I hide my pain behind my fake smiles.
That’s when your calming presence I begin to see,
As you rise to be my beacon of hope amidst the dark.
You raise me up to more than I can be,
As gently you heal my bleeding heart.
As my demons evolve in dreadful metamorphic forms,
You hold my hand and become my guiding force.
Together we confront all the dark unforgiving storms,
While standing side by side, a light within me you enforce.
We stand in stark contrast,
Like a rainbow in a ghastly gray sky.
Though the distance between us is vast,
I know you’ll wipe my tears if ever I cry.
Things may fall apart from pole to pole,
But I hope our bond will never end.
Your benevolent fragrance, I carry in my soul,
For you complete me… my faithful friend.
Note: This is the first collaboration I’ve ever made since I became a blogger, and what makes it even more special is that I was able to do this with my friend/mentor Sidharth (do check out his blog Writing Rhymes). No matter how different two people can be, if they truly care about each other then they could overcome those differences. True friendship knows no such boundaries.
I would like to thank Sidharth for my first award nomination. He’s a really great friend and an amazing blogger/poet. Do check out his blog Writing Rhymes.
Now, the Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display a Liebster Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
1. If you could describe yourself in one sentence, what would it be?
- I’m a girl with way too many things going through her mind (I think this is the best way I can describe myself).
2. In the end we all are reduced to a memory in other peoples’ minds & hearts, how do you want to be remembered? What’s the legacy you want people to associate you with?
- As a kid, I’ve always imagined myself being a writer, and I’m quite happy that I was able to translate my thoughts into words. I think words are capable of outliving us, and I hope that one day people would get to see me as I truly was through my writing.
3. An embarrassing memory that occasionally still makes you smile?
- Five years ago, my friends and I were making a poster for out friend Jeshuelle’s 18th birthday. We were trying to get her away from the classroom while we were working on this poster. I opened the door to check to see if she was still out getting food and I found her standing there about to come in and I shut the door in her face in a panic. She pretty much guessed we were up to something, and we did come clean later on. She got even with me the following year because she forgot to hide the note she was writing for me for my 18th birthday lmao.
4. Whats the happiest moment of your life that you cherish the most?
- Finding out I passed the Psychometrician Board Exam two years ago. My health slightly deteriorated from the stress I felt while studying and working part-time. The night the results came out and I found out I passed, I couldn’t help but cry in front of my parents.
5. What is your most favorite movie/ web-series?
- The Big Sick (call me cheesy all you want, this still makes the top of my list).
6. What is that something that provides peace to you?
7. How are you surviving from the boredom being imprisoned in your home because of the virus outbreak?
- Sleep, TV, the internet, plus we have new puppy, so that’s been keeping me occupied, especially when I’m not working.
8. How old is your blog & what is it’s origin story?
- Not really that old yet. I started my blog just last June. My Instagram came first. I’ve been meaning to do an art account for quite some time now for my poetry, but then I developed writer’s block so that had to be put on hold. I got back into writing a few months in to the lockdown as a way of coping with the depression I was feeling. I first created my Instagram account, then I found one user I followed had a WordPress blog for her other poems, so I decided to give that a shot as well, and rest is history.
9. How do you recover yourself from a bad day?
- After a bad day, I tend to give myself some quiet time alone. When some of the dust has settled, I then listen to music and let the flow of the melody ease the rest of my emotional pain.
10. A thought/quote you strongly live by & why?
- I wouldn’t consider myself a highly religious person, but I’ve always believed God has a plan for everyone. I’ve come to believe in this a lot more when I got older. I’ve had many opportunities closed out to me, and whenever I feel disappointed, I would think that it wasn’t meant for me after all, and when a new opportunity comes, I tend to feel more satisfied with the outcome of me taking that step.
11. Any areas of improvements/feedback that you may have for me as a blogger/friend/poet?
Mmmmm…maybe tone the savage down just a little…lol
Now, my Questions:
- What event in your life got you into writing?
- Any good books you would like to suggest? (I’m in need of new reading material lols)
- Is there anything about your life that you wish you could change?
- Out of all the things you have ever written, which one is your favorite? Please do share it. I would love to read it (if I haven’t yet).
- What song speaks to you the most?
- What’s the happiest memory you could remember?
- What motivates you to keep pushing through in spite of the hardships you encounter?
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
- Who are you most grateful for?
- What do you aspire to become?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My Nominees are:
- Lia (https://liathepoet.home.blog/)
- romanticindeed (https://romances.blog/)
- Jojo Al-waealy (https://jojoalwaealy.com/)
- BoardFlak (https://farragoexpress.wordpress.com/)
- Marieke Schreuder (https://rosegirl.blog/)
- This Engrained Heart (https://thisengrainedheart.com/)
- J.M. Lilin (https://theunsignedwriter.home.blog/)
- Shruti (https://musingsbyamedstudent.wordpress.com/)
This is the longest post I’ve done so far so if you’ve been reading until here, thank you. It really means a lot to me ^_^
the gentle patter,
the torrential disaster:
my favorite sound.
sound and light clashing:
the perfect storm.
The quiet after,
then sounds of laughter,
coming out from shelter.
The clouds roll away
and make their escape;
the beginning of another chapter.
Photo from Google Images
into anything you see.
as pretty as you please.
let me flutter in the breeze.
measure my every piece.
everything you need.
I will be
you want me to be.
Photo from Pexels